ヨタ助

携帯用ページ http://www.google.co.jp/gwt/x?u=http%3a%2f%2funipass.blogspot.com&btngo=go&source=wax&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Study at GABA on August 18 2006

Studied sentences
He tried to ...
I sweat too much.
It is too humid.
Japanese culture has too many rules.
- It's too strict
The biggest challange I've had is that ...
- I can use this sentence at interview in English.
I want to welcome to my house.
I want to go back to my home.
Since I was born ...

No one complained. (I don't need any words after "complained". It's because that I already use "No one".)

Where did you place in the tournament.
- this means that "Is your team first prize , second prize , third prize or others?"

That was quite something (- special or different).


Phrase
the week after -- If I want to talk about the week after next week, I can use "the week after"

Words
-specificaly
-flirting (= to behave towards someone in a way that shows that you are sexually attracted to them, although you do not really want a relationship with them)
-spill (=
if you spill a liquid, or if it spills, it accidentally flows over the edge of a container)
-enormouse (= huge,gigantic)
-pregnant (=
if a woman or female animal is pregnant, she has an unborn baby growing inside her body)
-ancestors (=
a member of your family who lived a long time ago)


English Rules
If I pronounce 84,803 , I say eighty-four thousand , eight hundred and three.
I have to say "and" after "hundred". In British English I have to say so, but in American English I don't need to say "and" after "hundred".

If I pronouce 1,003, I say one thousand and three. If the number don't have hundred's digit, I have to say "and".

Japanese culture
-Ochu-gen
Japanese people give ochugen gifts to their bosses.
It's because they thank their boss for everyday's work. (this is my idea)
It's because they give ochugen gifts for their promotion. (this is my instructor's idea)

-Setsu-bun
Japanese people throw beans around on February 3rd.
It's because they want to get rid of the devil (or demons).
- I can't say that they want to get off the devil. ("get off" isn't the word means force to going out.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home